[ Overview of the Eucharist | The Real Presence of Christ | Links Index]
Overview of the Eucharist
The Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist
- The Real Presence and Sanctity - Fr. John A. Hardon, S.J.
"In speaking about Holiness it is remarkable how we can overlook the obvious. For example it is obvious that we cannot become holy unless we obtain the extraordinary graces needed to reach sanctity. Hearing about holiness; reading about it; even seeing holiness, does not make one holy. We need grace. It is equally obvious that the graces we need must come to us from Christ since as He told us, "Without Me you can do nothing." If that nothing refers even to salvation, it most certainly refers to sanctification."
- The Real Presence of Our Lord in the Holy Eucharist - The Augustine Club at Columbia University, 1996
- The Real Presence of Christ - Frank J. Sheed (EWTN)
- Understanding the Sacraments - Fr. John A. Hardon, S.J.
In the two millennia of the Church's history, it has always been some aspect of the sacraments which has been challenged or denied by those who then separated themselves from Catholic unity.
- The Sacraments: Divine Channels of Grace - Fr. John A. Hardon, S.J.
This is also part of the crisis in the Christian world today. There are those who still believe that Christ instituted seven channels of His grace, and those who may use the word "sacrament" but no longer believe either in the sacraments as communicators of grace or the Church's authority over the sacraments. We may even say that the future of Christianity depends on professed Christians understanding and I mean understanding the necessity of the sacraments for reaching eternal life.